If you’re despairing at being single over the holidays, take heart!
It is very common for people to meet their soulmate somewhere along the year-end festivities.
Perhaps, it is the intensified longing that brings love or the many parties or reaching out that is done during the season.
But if you undertake the upcoming days with the right attitude, you may be surprised at what happens.
Some tips on making holiday magic happen:
1. Put connection first & foremost. Do everything you can to bring enjoyment to your holidays. This puts you in a magnetic frame of mind & you’ll have fun even if love doesn’t come along
2. Plan well. Keep your energy positive by setting up some treats for yourself such as spending time with friends, a good novel or even avoiding things that bring you down. Learning to take care of your own happiness is key to attracting love, even if the activity doesn’t seem directly related to meeting someone
3. Appreciate the Season’s Gifts. Maybe time with family brings up your stuff (& by all means, minimize it if you need to or schedule breaks from them), but there are many things about the holidays to appreciate. Time off from work. Festive occasions. Gifts to unwrap and to give. Revel in the break from routine in any way you can.
I have no doubt that many will be emailing me with their delightful holiday love stories, and I hope YOU’RE one of them.
Going through the holidays shortly after a divorce, a breakup, heartbreak or even a death can cast a pall on them. But you can make the best of the time and even find comfort in it. And if you use the above advice to find new love, you wouldn’t be the first to do so even as you grieve.
• Don’t expect life to be normal. You won’t be up to snuff, but you can choose a focus to minimize pain.
• Being with others and seeking connection with friends, family and meeting new people can help you to quit dwelling on the past.
• It is certainly a time for self-indulgence. You’ve never had a better excuse to opt out of things you don’t enjoy or to stay home all day in your jammies watching reality TV marathons.
• But don’t indulge in a pity party. Do a release and then replace it with hope for your future and some steps in that direction. Feeding the attachment by wallowing in it will put you through needless misery.
It’s a great time to prepare for an amazing new year creating your dreams coming true!